How to Clear your Browser's Content Cache
In most browsers a simple Ctrl+F5 will suffice to force a non-cached reload of a webpage, however this guide intends to provide comprehensive instructions for ensuring all pages are not loaded from the browser cache. Situations where site content was recently updated or DNS has been recently changed are the most common situations where a browser cache clearing is necessary to see the changes.
- In your browser bar, enter:
- Check the box for Empty the Cache and click
Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the Privacy tab and click
clear your recent history.
- Check the box for Cache and then click
Internet Explorer 8 and Above
- Under the Browsing History section on the General tab, click the
- Un-check all of the boxes with the exception of Temporary Internet Files and then click
Internet Explorer 7
- Navigate to Tools → Internet Options.
- Under Browsing History, click
- To clear your cache, click
- Expand the Detailed Options drop-down menu
- Un-check all options except Delete entire cache and then click
Mac OS X
- See Safari guide above.
- See Firefox guide above.