Configuring Personal Nameservers at the Registrar - NDCHost
This article explains how to configure personal nameservers for a domain that has been purchased through NDC Host:
- Log into http://customer.ndchost.com
- From the Domains menu click on My Domains.
- Select the domain form the list you want to register as a nameserver by clicking on the Manage Domain link.
- From the left navigation menu that load click on Register Name Server.
- In the Managing section, click on Management Tools then click Register Nameservers. In the next screen, fill in the nameserver field with the name of your new nameserver (e.g. ns1.example.com) and fill the IP Address field with the IP address of the server that nameserver will be on, then click Save Changes.
- Click Nameservers, click Use custom nameservers (enter below) and fill in the fields with the nameservers you created with the previous steps (ns1.example.com, ns2.example.com), then click Change Nameservers
Notes: Make sure the server you will be using has A records that match the entries here, and that this domain is set to use itself as a nameserver. For example, example.net has to use ns1.example.net and ns2.example.net and the server that ns1 and ns2 are registered to must have A records pointing to the respective IPs for each nameserver:
example.net. ns1 A 10.0.0.1 ns2 A 10.0.0.2