How to configure your MAC to allow remote access using VNC
If you have a Mac and want to be able to access the desktop remotely one method is to enable VNC access. Below are instructions for enabling VNC on your Mac (Snow Leopard).
- Log into your MAC
- Click 'System Preferences'
- Click 'Sharing'
- Click 'Remote Management'
- Click 'Allow Access For: All Users'
- Click 'Computer Settings'
- Check 'Show Remote Management status in menu bar'
- Check 'VNC viewers may control screen with password:' and set a password
Q. When connecting to my MAC from the RealVNC viewer it connects and then immediately disconnects but there is no error?
A. In your viewers options make sure your 'color level' is set to 'Full'.