**This is an old revision of the document!**
Creating a cPanel Account in the WHM
This article describes how a cPanel user account can be created through the WHM interface. This procedure assumes that you have already installed cPanel, that you have configured the name servers your account will use in the edit setup section of the WHM, and that your system is configured to use the default /whm and /cpanel redirects.
- Log into the web host manager with root as your username and your system's root user password as the password. The login page can be found by opening a web browser and going to the URL https://x.x.x.x/whm, where x.x.x.x is your server's IP address.
- Once logged in, go to Main » Account Functions » Create a New Account.
- In the Create a New Account section, fill in the fields defined with the settings you want your new cPanel user account to have.
- If you have already created a package that will serve as a template for this section you may select it now from the drop down at the bottom. If you have not created a package, simply enter the variables free form.
- The fields Domain, Username and Password are required with or without a package. The domain must be of a valid Internet domain structure (domain.tld) but it does not yet have to be registered. A user name consisting of the first eight characters in the domain will automatically be generated, it is advisable you use this user name structure as it makes linking the domain with the account easier in latter situation where you may only know the domain and want to find the account. You may however use any user name you like though it must start with a character and not a number.
- Once you have input all of your site information click the create button located in the upper right corner of this page.
- A new page will load that shows the output of the account build scripts. Please wait for this page to complete before closing the browser. If you utilize the status toolbar in your browser you should see and indication of the pages completion when it no longer show loading. Account Creation Complete!!! should also show at the bottom of the text. Example output:
+===================================+ | New Account Info | +===================================+ | Domain: example.com | Ip: x.x.x.x (n) | HasCgi: y | UserName: example | PassWord: eX@mPl3P@$s | CpanelMod: x3 | HomeRoot: /home | Quota: unlimited Meg | NameServer1: ns1.ndchost.com | NameServer2: ns2.ndchost.com | NameServer3: | NameServer4: | Contact Email: +===================================+
- You have successfully created a cPanel user account. Your new cPanel user name and password can be used to access the cPanel client interface by opening a web browser and going to the URL https://server1.example.net/cpanel. Please note that you client must have port 2083 open for incoming to see this page. Most will not experience this issue however; only systems who have explicitly firewalled incoming connections will have a problem.
- Note: To access the public_html directory for a domain that has yet to propagate or be purchased, use the following (known as the pre-propagation URL) assuming x.x.x.x is your IP and example is the username of the domain in question: http://x.x.x.x/~example/.