Mahara is an open source e-portfolio system with a flexible display framework. Mahara, meaning 'think' or 'thought' in Te Reo Māori, is user centred environment with a permissions framework that enables different views of an e-portfolio to be easily managed.
Mahara also features a weblog, resume builder and social networking system, connecting users and creating online learner communities.
- Category: Cms
- Version: 18.04.2
- Views: 53024
- Ratings: 3.864 out of 5
- Votes: 44
- Reviews: 0 Reviews
- Space Required: 76.91 MB
- Release Date: June 11th, 2018
Mahara includes a file repository which allows users to:
- Create folder and sub folders structures
- Upload multiple files quickly and efficiently
- Give each file a Name and Description
- Manage their file allocation Quota
- When uploading a file users must agree to a configurable Copyright disclaimer.
- Can extract .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 from within the files area
A comprehensive blogging tool is provided in Mahara, where blogs and blog postings are considered Artefacts and may be added to a View.
The blogging tool allows users to:
- Create blog posts using a WYSIWYG editor
- Attach files to posts
- Embed images into postings
- Configure whether or not Comments may be received on their blog
- Create draft postings for later publishing
Mahara provides a social networking facility where users can create and maintain a list of Friends within the system. ePortfolio owners choose whether other users can add them to their Friends list automatically or by request and approval.
An ePortfolio owner's Friends lists shows those Views to which they have been assigned access.
Mahara includes a resumÃ© builder which allows users to create digital CVâs by entering information into a variety of optional fields including:
- Contact and personal information
- Employment and education history
- Certifications, accreditations and awards
- Books and publications, professional memberships
- Personal, academic and work skills and
- Personal, academic and career goals
Within Mahara users are able to share details through a variety of optional profile information fields including:
- Preferred Name
- Student ID
- Postal address and contact phone numbers
- Skype, MSN, Yahoo & Jabber name
- Profile Icons images
Visit Official Website